iPod 1.3, old Pods and "hiccups" - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old May 8, 2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Gus
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Gus
iPod 1.3, old Pods and "hiccups"

Ever since I updated my 5 GB iPod to 1.3, I have been getting hiccups in my music as it is playing. The track suddenly just stops for about 1 full second, then picks up where it left off. Anyone else having this problem? This iPod has worked flawlessly from the day I got it until 1.3.

Regards,
Gus
Old May 8, 2003, 02:13 PM   #2
davy the bunny
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to davy the bunny
my 5 gig is working better than ever, it's not a specific song or anything. I know a while ago, I had problem that was similar that was cured by me checking the disk with Disk Utility.
davy the bunny is offline   0
Old May 8, 2003, 02:18 PM   #3
Ambrose Chapel
macrumors 65816

My 5 gig is working fine so far, a week after installing 1.3. It even went down to zero battery and kept playing for a half hour or so.
Ambrose Chapel is offline   0
Old May 8, 2003, 02:36 PM   #4
Gus
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Gus
Do you mean the Disk Utility app in OS X, or the so called "diagnostic mode" built into the iPod?

Regards,
Gus
Old May 8, 2003, 03:09 PM   #5
Taft
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
Do you mean the Disk Utility app in OS X, or the so called "diagnostic mode" built into the iPod?

Regards,
Gus
I don't know what he meant, but I've repaired my iPod via Disk Utility and it fixed everything. I actually just erased the whole hard-drive, then did a repair. Everything works fine now.

Taft
Taft is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers