Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
IDF World Expo has announced that Apple will be providing a Feature Presentation during the Macworld CreativePro Expo from 9:30AM to 10:30AM on July 16th, 2003.

Neither the speaker nor the content of the talk has been disclosed.

Macworld CreativePro Conference and Expo replaces Macworld Expo NY this year and takes place between July 14 and 18th, 2003 at New York City's Javits Center.

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
Well well...

This could either be the announcement of the 970 or a nice presentation of the 970 announced at some previous event (WWDC...). :D

Just my speculation. :)

mattalici

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2003
LA
what could they want to present?

Duh. Finally, iWalk will make its debut...

But seriously folks, why must Apple put these poor expo guys through the ringer? Macworlds are a grrrrreat! way of garnering publicity and giving us something to look forward to.

C'mon Steve... grace the stage with your moxy and showmanship... Apple is one of the greatest shows on earth....

BaghdadBob

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
Gorgeous, WA
It's going to be a Bill Gates impersonator. They're going to reenact my favorite scene from South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut.

Years later, nothing's changed... :rolleyes:

And Ballmer has the ballmers to talk smack about Linux compared to Windows server.....

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
This is good - nice to see that even though they won't be having a Keynote there, they're atleast being a part of it. Especially after all that crap with MWNY vs. MWBoston....

And if it is the 970 - I might have to go.....

Anyone planning on being there?

D

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
well i might be in ny then...booking my tickets and 90 day visa tomorrow fot nyc....if i dont pull out at the last min that is

esome

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2002
This will NOT be a 970 preview

I mean think about it, if Apple shows the 970 and says
'coming in 3 months' or something like that they could pretty much guarentee that sales would fall off the charts until the 970 was actually available for ordering. Who's gonna buy a G4 if they know when the 970 is coming? Nobody.

macdong

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Seattle, WA
Re: This will NOT be a 970 preview

Originally posted by esome
'coming in 3 months' or something like that they could pretty much guarentee that sales would fall off the charts until the 970 was actually available for ordering. Who's gonna buy a G4 if they know when the 970 is coming? Nobody.

Perhaps this would be a good time to pay NY a visit.
A friend of mine has promised me a broad way show for a long time.....

bertagert

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
What exactly is "Feature Presentation" suppose to mean? A film? Some speaker showing new stuff? What?

Maybe it will be Mr. Jobs giving one last speech at a MacWorld (or what ever they want to call it now). Imagine a 970 introduction as the finale to all keynotes.

cevin

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2003
Sweden
Re: Apple Feature Presentation at MacWorld CreativePro

I guess its Phil. Steve handles the OS and hardware while Phil handles Software (Appls own, like FCP4,DSP3 and Shake3) +and others... PS and stuff + marketing of OS X features.

it's prpbobly a mix of the old, but new, Power Of X session with presentation of new Documents (iWorks or what ever) and so on. Some thirdparty software like PS and Maya probobly will be shown.

I don't mind Phil though. I think he is great as a keynote speaker. Actually most of the Apple people i'v listen to (e.g. WWDC) are excelent speakers.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR

I don't understand. Who said anything about 'coming in 3 months'? It could be a 'preview' in the sense of 'available to order now, shipping in 3-4 weeks'.

I presume that your objecting to the idea of 'preview' not '970'. Or am I misunderstanding? Are you also trying to say that we won't see the 970 at this MW, let alone before (WWDC)?

If that's what you think, then I'd like to know why? Personally, I'm very optomistic about seeing the 970 released this summer.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by dukestreet
This is good - nice to see that even though they won't be having a Keynote there, they're atleast being a part of it. Especially after all that crap with MWNY vs. MWBoston....

And if it is the 970 - I might have to go.....

Anyone planning on being there?

D

i am definatly going this year. the only other one i went to was MWNY 2001 i think. last year i was in canada on vacation with my family, and i can;'t wait to got his year!

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i am definatly going this year. the only other one i went to was MWNY 2001 i think. last year i was in canada on vacation with my family, and i can;'t wait to got his year!

Oh, I'm envious! I can't afford to go (either for time or money)...

:(

Pick me up a nice 970 while you're there, okay? :D

Spart

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2002
Iowa
Re: Apple Feature Presentation at MacWorld CreativePro

Originally posted by Macrumors
IDF World Expo has announced that Apple will be providing a Feature Presentation during the MacWorld CreativePro Expo from 9:30AM to 10:30AM on July 16th, 2003.

Neither the speaker nor the content of the talk has been disclosed.

MacWorld CreativePro Conference and Expo replaces MacWorld Expo NY this year and takes place between July 14 and 18th, 2003 at New York City's Javits Center.

Come on. It's Macworld, not MacWorld. You guys run a high traffic website. Show it. :p

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by Snowy_River
Oh, I'm envious! I can't afford to go (either for time or money)...

:(

Pick me up a nice 970 while you're there, okay? :D

i went broke buying my 15GB iPod. i got in because of my uncle was going there for his company or something like that.
this saturday he's taking me to the apple store opening in long island:) he's a really cool uncle.
plus, i don't have the money for a 970 weather i had a job or not:p

herocero

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2003
down on the upside

who's ordering a g4 now anyway (let alone in 3 months)? especially when an intel machine running whatever u need (linux, xp, redhat, etc.) can do it faster and cheaper?

bring on the 970 and bring it on now!!

php

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Bridgeport, CT, USA
I'm hoping they'll introduce the 970 in the upcoming 15.4" AlBook. I can't think of any other reason that this Powerbook has been delayed so long. They'll probably upgrade the 17" at about the same time. It is supposedly "the year of the laptop" so I hope this will happen. I do a lot of audio work and the software I'm using ( DP4, Reason, Ableton Live, NI softsynths) can easily max out my G4 500MP and buying a dual 1.42 machine just isn't enough of a performance boost to justify upgrading. I know I must be losing patience when PC notebooks are starting to look like a better audio solution to me. I hope Apple does something quick before I turn to the dark side ;)

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2001
Get real. It's going to be about 10.3. There will be no announcement of the 970 in any fashion at all.

siberian

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
New chip releases? Don't count on it.

Unless these things are in the Apple store on July 15th for sale Apple is stupid to announce anything at all.

Everyone seems to think they have some BIG THING UP THEIR SLEEVE.

Its lame. They will probably announce a new version if Safari, iBlaBLa and some word processor that, while better then word, is not quite compatible.

Shoot, at this point I will take a fully compatible MS Exchange client over a 970 powermac. What is all that speed worth if I still have to run a windows box for corp email.

php

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Bridgeport, CT, USA

I'm not going to be buying any more G4s even if the 970 is delayed that long. Either way, they lose me as a customer if the 970 isn't here really soon.

Trimix

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2003
Switzerland
I have postponed my purchase as well.
Even if it will take them some more time, I will not go back to PeeCees just to get a quick fix.
I will patiently wait and meanwhile work on my 15' i-mac:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.