|Jan 2, 2007, 03:42 AM||#1|
Toast Titanium DVD burning problems
I've been having this issue with burning a video dvd using Toast Titanium (7.1.2). I'll put about 5 or so shows on a dvd and tell it to burn, after which it will start to convert the items, then when I come back about 2 hours or so later toast has either:
a) Stopped doing anything (not frozen, just idle), or;
b) Quit. Not quit unexpectedly (no message pops up), it's just gone.
The thing is I've done this exact thing before and it's worked fine up until now. I was reading this thread wondering if maybe .avi is the issue, but the files I had burned before were in .avi too and they burned fine. Help!
MacBook Pro 2.53GHz/320GB HDD/4GB RAM
iMac G4 800MHz/80GB HDD/512MB RAM
|Jan 2, 2007, 04:04 AM||#2|
Ok i got the problem at some point and here is my trick.
- check that you have the right media selected and that it is at most orange and not red
- in pref, desactivate all screensaver energy saving (you can turn down the screen though but don't shurt down computer or hd)
- Instead of burning save as disc image
- spend a good night or a good day work... 6hours video on my Charlote (iMacG5) it take 5/7hours to create image.
- Check the size of your image and make sure it is still under the media size... if not do not turn off Toast and remove few movie and recreate a new image... toast still have the temporary files and it goes much faster to create your new image
- then load you disc image (.toast) and burn about 30min for a DVD-DL
note : i experienced problems with Traxdata DVD-DL but others are fine and don't give me errors.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|DVD burning error||DockMac||MacBook||1||Aug 1, 2011 04:18 AM|
|DVD write problems on my MBPro||slim tim slide||MacBook Pro||0||Nov 24, 2010 07:51 PM|
|Toast Titanium vs. Burn||celticpride678||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||9||Jul 13, 2009 05:07 PM|
|Toast Titanium 8 burning prob||Arrow20||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||7||Mar 6, 2009 01:09 AM|
|dvd burning problem using Toast 6.1||henrydog||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||5||Jul 21, 2005 11:50 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.