Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9, 2003, 05:02 PM   #1
sparks9
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
New iPod HDs on Toshibas website

If anyone is interested Toshiba now lists the new iPod Harddisk drives on their website (10,15,30 gb). It includes details about the drives.

Here is the link:
http://sdd.toshiba.com/cda/main.aspx...00659c000003b7

sparks9
__________________

Last edited by sparks9; May 9, 2003 at 05:21 PM.
sparks9 is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 05:17 PM   #2
bertagert
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
But they still have 20 giggers too. How come apple went to 15 gig? Do the 20 giggers have problems?
bertagert is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 05:21 PM   #3
Freg3000
macrumors 68000
 
Freg3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New York
Did Toshiba make these drive sizes public befoe the iPod release? I only ask because if they were only published afterwards, then we can fantasize about 60, 80, or even 120 GB iPods in the next update. Just thinking....
__________________
FregTK
This Is Momentum.
Freg3000 is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 05:24 PM   #4
sparks9
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
the 20 giggers are fatter and heavier than the 15 giggers.
__________________
sparks9 is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 05:26 PM   #5
sparks9
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally posted by Freg3000
Did Toshiba make these drive sizes public befoe the iPod release? I only ask because if they were only published afterwards, then we can fantasize about 60, 80, or even 120 GB iPods in the next update. Just thinking....
No they have just made the sizes public now, not before release.
__________________
sparks9 is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 07:27 PM   #6
Keith Purfield
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Keith Purfield
Anyone who has 120GB of music must have a LOT of time on their hands to listen to it. Especially if they're .AAC's.
Keith Purfield is offline   0
Old May 9, 2003, 07:51 PM   #7
toughboy
macrumors 6502a
 
toughboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Izmir, Turkey
Send a message via ICQ to toughboy Send a message via MSN to toughboy
Smile

does anybody have 120gb harddisk on their own desktop & notebook?

or does anybody have 120gb of music to listen??? is it all the songs in the universe??? :P
__________________
12" PB G4 Rev A ~ "Ice" (what an irony!)
15.2" PB G4 ~ "DevIce"
17" MBP 2.5GHz/4GB/ Hi-Res LED Screen FTW! ~ "BigMac"
toughboy is offline   0
Old May 10, 2003, 01:54 AM   #8
skymaXimus
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Send a message via AIM to skymaXimus
on a dual 867mhz i have one 20gb, one 40gb, one 60gb, and one 120gig. Also have a 40gb firewire drive. We use it for digital audio. So i guess we have a lot of music as far as size goes, but not that much content.
skymaXimus is offline   0
Old May 10, 2003, 02:36 AM   #9
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: iowa
Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
this is old info-- we knew about this months ago. there's a 40 floating around too. i think apple got cheap, there are other MP3 players out there with bigger HDs for cheaper-- my theory is that the iPod has seen it's day in the sun, Apple dropped the ball and now sales will drop, music store be damned. it won't even be out for windows users for what, half a year? what were they thinking... just when HD based players started competing, too.

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0
Old May 10, 2003, 03:10 AM   #10
bertagert
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by paulwhannel
this is old info-- we knew about this months ago. there's a 40 floating around too. i think apple got cheap, there are other MP3 players out there with bigger HDs for cheaper-- my theory is that the iPod has seen it's day in the sun, Apple dropped the ball and now sales will drop, music store be damned. it won't even be out for windows users for what, half a year? what were they thinking... just when HD based players started competing, too.

pnw
Not so fast paul. Apple is doing something right because I still haven't been able to get an ipod at either Best Buy or Compusa (only stores near by and I want to play with one before I buy it). And I live in Colorado a little north of Denver and have called 3 best buy's and 2 compusa's. I don't have time to drive to the Apple stores but might have to make the trip if I can't get one tomorrow. Anyway, I lot of people must really like the ipod and what Apple has to offer for all those stores to be sold out.

As for the music store, that won't be damned. It will only get better. Just wait and see what the sales are around christmas. Especially if itunes for windows is out by then. Apple knows what they're doing and have a much larger plan than what you can think of. Don't think of today or next week. Think of 1,2 or 3 years down the road and then you'll understand why apple does the stuff they do.
bertagert is offline   0
Old May 10, 2003, 06:18 AM   #11
sparks9
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Copenhagen
Quote:
Originally posted by paulwhannel
this is old info-- we knew about this months ago. there's a 40 floating around too. i think apple got cheap, there are other MP3 players out there with bigger HDs for cheaper-- my theory is that the iPod has seen it's day in the sun, Apple dropped the ball and now sales will drop, music store be damned. it won't even be out for windows users for what, half a year? what were they thinking... just when HD based players started competing, too.

pnw
This is NOT old info.
__________________
sparks9 is offline   0
Old May 10, 2003, 07:54 AM   #12
Jaykay
macrumors 6502a
 
Jaykay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Ireland
Send a message via AIM to Jaykay
Quote:
Originally posted by bertagert
Not so fast paul. Apple is doing something right because I still haven't been able to get an ipod at either Best Buy or Compusa (only stores near by and I want to play with one before I buy it). And I live in Colorado a little north of Denver and have called 3 best buy's and 2 compusa's. I don't have time to drive to the Apple stores but might have to make the trip if I can't get one tomorrow. Anyway, I lot of people must really like the ipod and what Apple has to offer for all those stores to be sold out.

As for the music store, that won't be damned. It will only get better. Just wait and see what the sales are around christmas. Especially if itunes for windows is out by then. Apple knows what they're doing and have a much larger plan than what you can think of. Don't think of today or next week. Think of 1,2 or 3 years down the road and then you'll understand why apple does the stuff they do.
Here Here....
__________________
'This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun" Alabama 3
Jaykay is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keep HDs Unmounted Till Needed danqi OS X 4 Mar 5, 2014 11:29 AM
Swapping HDs from one model Pro to another TimRaines MacBook Pro 6 Dec 19, 2012 02:01 PM
hds and cds not working?? ivnj Mac OS X 10.7 Lion 0 Nov 3, 2012 09:05 PM
Best way to consolidate my collection of external HDs The.316 Mac Peripherals 9 Aug 16, 2012 09:54 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC