Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertagert

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
But they still have 20 giggers too. How come apple went to 15 gig? Do the 20 giggers have problems?

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Did Toshiba make these drive sizes public befoe the iPod release? I only ask because if they were only published afterwards, then we can fantasize about 60, 80, or even 120 GB iPods in the next update. Just thinking....:)

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
Originally posted by Freg3000
Did Toshiba make these drive sizes public befoe the iPod release? I only ask because if they were only published afterwards, then we can fantasize about 60, 80, or even 120 GB iPods in the next update. Just thinking....:)

No they have just made the sizes public now, not before release.

toughboy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2003
Izmir, Turkey
does anybody have 120gb harddisk on their own desktop & notebook?

or does anybody have 120gb of music to listen??? is it all the songs in the universe??? :p

skymaXimus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
on a dual 867mhz i have one 20gb, one 40gb, one 60gb, and one 120gig. Also have a 40gb firewire drive. We use it for digital audio. So i guess we have a lot of music as far as size goes, but not that much content.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
this is old info-- we knew about this months ago. there's a 40 floating around too. i think apple got cheap, there are other MP3 players out there with bigger HDs for cheaper-- my theory is that the iPod has seen it's day in the sun, Apple dropped the ball and now sales will drop, music store be damned. it won't even be out for windows users for what, half a year? what were they thinking... just when HD based players started competing, too.

pnw

bertagert

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
Originally posted by paulwhannel
this is old info-- we knew about this months ago. there's a 40 floating around too. i think apple got cheap, there are other MP3 players out there with bigger HDs for cheaper-- my theory is that the iPod has seen it's day in the sun, Apple dropped the ball and now sales will drop, music store be damned. it won't even be out for windows users for what, half a year? what were they thinking... just when HD based players started competing, too.

pnw

Not so fast paul. Apple is doing something right because I still haven't been able to get an ipod at either Best Buy or Compusa (only stores near by and I want to play with one before I buy it). And I live in Colorado a little north of Denver and have called 3 best buy's and 2 compusa's. I don't have time to drive to the Apple stores but might have to make the trip if I can't get one tomorrow. Anyway, I lot of people must really like the ipod and what Apple has to offer for all those stores to be sold out.

As for the music store, that won't be damned. It will only get better. Just wait and see what the sales are around christmas. Especially if itunes for windows is out by then. Apple knows what they're doing and have a much larger plan than what you can think of. Don't think of today or next week. Think of 1,2 or 3 years down the road and then you'll understand why apple does the stuff they do.

sparks9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 29, 2003
Copenhagen
Originally posted by paulwhannel

pnw

This is NOT old info.

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Originally posted by bertagert
Not so fast paul. Apple is doing something right because I still haven't been able to get an ipod at either Best Buy or Compusa (only stores near by and I want to play with one before I buy it). And I live in Colorado a little north of Denver and have called 3 best buy's and 2 compusa's. I don't have time to drive to the Apple stores but might have to make the trip if I can't get one tomorrow. Anyway, I lot of people must really like the ipod and what Apple has to offer for all those stores to be sold out.

As for the music store, that won't be damned. It will only get better. Just wait and see what the sales are around christmas. Especially if itunes for windows is out by then. Apple knows what they're doing and have a much larger plan than what you can think of. Don't think of today or next week. Think of 1,2 or 3 years down the road and then you'll understand why apple does the stuff they do.

Here Here....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.