Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives

Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:40 PM   #1
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Question Keynote Line

What time do people plan on getting in line for the Keynote?
I plan on registering on Monday and getting in line at about 5am. Anyone else plan on being there that early or earlier?

EDIT: It would be cool if the first ones were all MR people!

Do people camp out for this thing?
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:42 PM   #2
craigverse
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to craigverse Send a message via Yahoo to craigverse
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrince View Post
What time do people plan on getting in line for the Keynote?
I plan on registering on Monday and getting in line at about 5am. Anyone else plan on being there that early or earlier?
I do.. but you knew that. haha
Old Jan 4, 2007, 11:58 PM   #3
applekid
macrumors 68020

I'm sure someone has posted this before about the proper "procedure" for getting a good spot at Keynotes. Hopefully somebody can repost that info or dig up the old thread.

I'd also like to know what's worth checking out and places to eat in the area of the Moscone Center.
applekid is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:10 AM   #4
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Good memory mate:

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicegy View Post
Dont' worry, Steve will be giving it.

I've gone to these a few times in the past; even though the hall where the keynote takes place is HUGE, it's always nice to get as close as possible to the stage. But there are large screens hanging from the ceiling all over the place, so you won't miss any of the close up action if you're in the middle or the back.

The drill is...get to bed EARLY the night before...and get up EARLY the day of.

Seriously, I got up at 4:00 a.m. the day of the keynote and stumbled over to the auditorium at about 5:00. There's at least 100-300 people already there. Now, considering the seating capacity, that's not too bad. But, considering that this is an anniversary year (20th for the Macintosh, 25th for Apple) I expect this one to be VERY well attended.

It's usually colder that a you-know-what this time of year, so dress warm, bring a novel, lots of magazines, a camera, and your PowerBook. You'll be hanging around doing nothing out in the cold dark of the sidewalk for a looong time. But the payoff is sweeeeet.

Think about it...what other event in computing generates such Rock Star excitement? You'll have the time of your life, even though what I've described above DOES test ones' endurance a bit.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...hlight=Keynote

I guess this being the 30th and all the hype on www.apple.com, this is going to be huge.
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:31 PM   #5
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by applekid View Post
I'm sure someone has posted this before about the proper "procedure" for getting a good spot at Keynotes. Hopefully somebody can repost that info or dig up the old thread.

I'd also like to know what's worth checking out and places to eat in the area of the Moscone Center.
As far as good places to eat go, you've got a lot of choices.

-OoLa is about a block away from Moscone and serves some of the best food around. ($18 per)
-Farallon is up on Post street (7 minute walk) and serves some of the best sea food in SF. ($50 per)
-The 5th Floor (Inside the Palomar Hotel) is one of SF's best places to eat, they offer California/French cuisine. They're on 4th street. ($80 per)
-Morton's is a very famous steak house that is know to serve some of the best steak anywhere in the entire United Sates. They're also on Post street. ($55 per)
-Michael Mina is at the St. Francis and is also a great place to eat. Serving mostly American cuisine. (They're inside the Westin on Powell) ($60 per)

Those are the major "must try" restaurants around Moscone. OoLa is so close, you've got to give them a try.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:47 PM   #6
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Looks like im going to starve. Anything $10 or under?
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:49 PM   #7
MovieCutter
Banned

Quote:
McDonald's?
MovieCutter is offline   0
Old Jan 5, 2007, 01:55 PM   #8
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Moscone isn't a cheap area of town. The Sony Metreon complex has a food court of sots were you can get some cheap eats. You can also try fast food. Or possibly go to the market and get some stuff for sandwiches. You could also take the BART to 16th and Mission. It's not the best area, but has cheap food near by.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 02:07 PM   #9
twoodcc
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to twoodcc Send a message via MSN to twoodcc
maybe one day before i die i will be able to witness such an event....
Old Jan 6, 2007, 01:08 PM   #10
Zwhaler
macrumors 603

Quote:
There's a few Subway's around there and theres also a 711 if you just want a snack. Or like MovieCutter said... Mcdonalds!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:36 PM   #11
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
The Argent Hotel is about a block and a half away from Moscone....and right in the next block is a Quizno's (sandwiches, soups, chili). It's open pretty much all day and into the night. Not fancy food, but quick, decent and inexpensive.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:38 PM   #12
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
The Argent Hotel is about a block and a half away from Moscone....and right in the next block is a Quizno's (sandwiches, soups, chili). It's open pretty much all day and into the night. Not fancy food, but quick, decent and inexpensive.
Ya, I like Subway and Quiznos. Thx.
BigPrince is offline   0
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:39 PM   #13
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Ya, I like Subway and Quiznos. Thx.
Word.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:50 PM   #14
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbl42 View Post
Last year I ate at the Moscone. The sandwiches weren't too bad...
I recall sandwhichs, chips, and drinks costing me about 11 dollars when I was there last
I'd say Subway.

Last edited by Doctor Q; Apr 18, 2009 at 09:03 PM.
AppleIntelRock is offline   0
Old Jan 6, 2007, 09:58 PM   #15
mbl42
macrumors 6502a

Yeah and I just realized that it would only be open during the expo, of course. Hence why I changed my post.
mbl42 is offline   0
Old Jan 7, 2007, 12:14 AM   #16
mflender
macrumors member

While not real close to Moscone, there is Max's Diner by the Hilton hotel. ($15-$25) There is also a Johnny Rockets and Jack n the Box in that area.
Closer to Moscone:
At the cable cars starting point there is a good pizza by the slice place. Across from a bar called Dave's is a store you can pick stuff up at. Just ask directions to Dave's. The Thirsty Bear has food also.
For a good preview of San Fran in the Union Square area:
http://www.tenderloin.net/
mflender is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2007, 02:50 PM   #17
dalvin200
macrumors 68040

take your own food from home is < $10

simple!
Old Jan 8, 2007, 06:00 PM   #18
Killyp
macrumors 68040

God, this is horrible reading this thread. I wish I could be there....

Hopefully Steve will still be doing MacWorlds and WWDCs when I'm old enough to not be in bloody school when it's happening (plus be in the USA)...
Killyp is offline   0
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:07 PM   #19
NightOne
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflender View Post
While not real close to Moscone, there is Max's Diner by the Hilton hotel. ($15-$25) There is also a Johnny Rockets and Jack n the Box in that area.
Closer to Moscone:
At the cable cars starting point there is a good pizza by the slice place. Across from a bar called Dave's is a store you can pick stuff up at. Just ask directions to Dave's. The Thirsty Bear has food also.
For a good preview of San Fran in the Union Square area:
http://www.tenderloin.net/
Ate at that Jack in the Box earlier this evening. There is also a "Mel's Diner" and Dennys right next door to Jack in the Box.
NightOne is offline   0
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:31 PM   #20
BigPrince
macrumors 68020

Update:

The line started at 9:00 PM. The line was about 50 people long by 3:00am or so. By 4:30 am there was about 300-400 people in line, and the line was constantly growing from that point on.

I ate every day at Subway or Quiznos and enjoyed it too.
BigPrince is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives