Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mckvakk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Oslo, Norway
I got a 2nd gen shuffle that has misbehaved since i got it (Around nov 15.), occasionally not staying connected, only charging, and lately it started convincing iTunes to not start at all.

I'm thinking about getting it repaired, but i think i saw something about things bought from sometime in february to sometime in december had an extended return period to the end of this month.

I called apple support about the ipod, not mentioning the extended return policy, and the lady said i had to send it in for repair.

The aluminium on the front got some weird stains/spots from being in my pocket for a while.

Should i return it, convince them to just exchange it and save me and them some time and money or just send it to be repaired? I'm considering the second choice but i don't know what they'll say about the spots.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
It doesn't sound like a hardware issue needing repair or replacement. Next time you connect it to your computer, open up iTunes and restore the software on the shuffle. See if that helps.

mckvakk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Oslo, Norway
I'm pretty sure that i've done that before (i have a bad short term memory :p )
Anyways, i did that after my call to apple and if it still doesn't help i'm gonna do one of the things in the top post.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
I'm pretty sure that i've done that before (i have a bad short term memory :p )
Anyways, i did that after my call to apple and if it still doesn't help i'm gonna do one of the things in the top post.

Alright, your call. I'm sure it would've helped at least a little bit and maybe would've solved the problem. Mind you, I think there's been an update in the software recently...

mckvakk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Oslo, Norway
and there it crashed itunes again. (i know because itunes stopped working and when i took out the shuffle it worked again)

I called apple and they're exchanging it for a new one. Hopefully one that works better :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.