Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adriand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2003
Hi. Check out Movie Jukebox at Mindjar. You can see some screenshots at http://www.mindjar.com/screen_shots.html. To quote from one of the blurbs:
Organise, play and display your film collection with Movie Jukebox, the iTunes for movies. Whether your movies are stored on a hard drive, CD or on a network, Movie Jukebox allows you to catalogue them into editable film genres (playlists) so you can quickly sort and find the title you're after.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
one of the techtv ppl showed this off once and i tried it. It does what it advertises but its kinda crappy. I have about 30 GB of movie files and its easier to use effective filenames and folders than to use this program in my opinion. It also has a fruity innterface not quite as sleek as iTunes. If you want to try it go ahead. But in the end i think youll find its more of a hassle than its worth.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Cool

This has potential. Here is what they need to fix.

Make it look a little better

Add movies quicker

Be able to select a different player other then quicktime

Have a central movie folder, so you dont have to add em manually.

Hey kwyjibo. Come check out my KDX server. The address is in my IP. You can get KDX at haxial.org

Jaykay

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2002
Ireland
Re: Cool

Originally posted by MacAztec

Yeah, i need to be able to watch stuff that quicktime cant play, so its no use to me.

jethroted

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2003
Cyberspace
What kind of compression does it use? How is the picture quality? I wonder why the site does not talk about this stuff.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Re: Cool

Originally posted by MacAztec
This has potential. Here is what they need to fix.

Make it look a little better

Add movies quicker

Have a central movie folder, so you dont have to add em manually.

ok, so maybe it doesn't look better, and it still uses quicktime, but you should check out bitplayer (versiontracker.com). you can drag-and-drop movies, add multiple movies at a time, and save playlists of movies that you may want to return to.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
get vlc-its not so much a "video library" but its a really sweet free video app for a bunch of OS's. It plays DIVX, and a bunch of other things that Quicktime struggles with, and it does full screen.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by OutThere761
get vlc-its not so much a "video library" but its a really sweet free video app for a bunch of OS's. It plays DIVX, and a bunch of other things that Quicktime struggles with, and it does full screen.

I love VLC. It is so cool. It is true, it handles AVI and even MPEG files that QuickTime just dies on. I wish QT could do it, but when it can't VLC is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.