Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twomiracles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Don't laugh, I'm serious. I'm in front of a computer a large part of the day and can listen to music there in that case. I have 2 five-year-olds so when I go somewhere, I seldom go alone so it's not like I can go to the bookstore or coffee shop and listen to music and read (though it sounds like Heaven to me!). Being a girl, well, I LOVE the RED iPod and want one very much, but I'm just trying to figure out if I'll use it enough to justify the money. So, tell me (but, um, keep it PG please, LOL), where do you listen to your iPod?

n-abounds

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2006
Mostly in my car (gotta love FM transmitters), or on the 3 hour bus ride I take to get home from college sometimes.
Other than that, only when I'm doing math or math-based econ. For some reason, I can focus when it's on- but totally can't focus if I'm doing reading for some other classes.
Sometimes when I'm home I like to plug my iPod up to my speakers instead of my computer cause it's just less hassle.

macmike47

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
On the road
I use my iPod (3G 40GB) for long train journeys, flights etc. I also have a shuffle I use when food shopping. It relieves the boredom.;)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Mostly when I'm out and about, on public transport, planes, or walking. Even in Waitrose whilst doing the food shop.

And sometimes in our own flat when my partner has some music on I don't like very much :)

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
99% of the time I use it at the gym. the rest is split between carrying files from one computer to another and trying to listen to music while travelling on public transportation.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Anywhere, but home.

At home I use iTunes connected to my hifi using an AirPort Express, everywhere else I use the iPod. It's excellent for commuting to work (I either walk, ride my bike or take the bus most of the time) and training (not much of a runner but I hike up mountains fairly often).

twomiracles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Thanks for the replies so far...I think I have a case of gadget lust rather anything remotely close to a need, LOL. I do need to start walking, but even then, I'll have the kiddos with me likely so won't be able to listen. At work, I can just play iTunes on the PC. I have all my music on a 20GB firefly portable drive so I can just take it with me to keep the files handy. In the car, I just listen to radio or CD, so won't use it there. So, I think it's just a girl thing, it's PRETTY and everyone seems to have one so I want one, too :) .

grafikat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2003
Ms. Practical here:

Get one of the old shuffles, and get a red case! If you find you just can't live without it, you'll have every reason to upgrade. If not, you haven't spent a bunch of cash. Do a google search for red case shuffle, and you'll see there's lots of cool options out there!

And, the (PRODUCT) red (or however it's written) goes towards a good cause!)

twomiracles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 30, 2006
Okay, I made a wise decision and bought a 2GB refurb white nano off of the Apple site. I figure if I don't use it, I can get back part of my $99 on ebay.

Thanks for the input!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.