Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 9, 2007, 07:58 PM   #1
PmattF
macrumors member

Buy Mac Pro at Powermax.com?

With the lack of any updates today, I think I am probably going to go ahead and bite the bullet. I am thinking of ordering one from http://www.powermax.com, and I am wondering whether anybody has a reason not to.

The advantages I see are
1) No sales tax, because they are in Oregon.
2) They can configure with 3rd party RAM and/or hard drives, taking out the Apple versions, and giving a credit. They seem to be pretty expert with Macs, so I would assume they can figure out all the business with matched pairs and which risers to use etc, and guide me through picking out suitable drives.

There is an Apple store near my house, so I believe I can have them deal with any problems that might arise, right?

They seem to get pretty good references from what I can find online.
PmattF is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs