Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives

Old Jan 9, 2007, 09:59 PM   #1
phillipjfry
macrumors 6502a

Jobs, you smooth talker, you

So I'm sitting here watching Simpsons DVD and listening to the keynotes in the background (for the first time) and about 4:30 minutes into the first video on the apple website, he says something that I had to replay over and over just to see if I heard it correctly.
About 4:28 minutes into the video he says
"2007, is going to be a great year for the Mac....but this is all we're gonna talk about the Mac today. We're gonna move on to some other things, over the course of the next several months we're gonna roll out some awesome stuff for the Mac. But for today, we're gonna move on."

I was glue to my screen during the time macrumorslive.com was up (and seriously guys, congrats on the photo and keynote updates by the minute, I would never personally take on such a task). Here is what I think threw everybody off into thinking that Mac and software was going to be talked about today in the keynotes:

9:18 am we're only talking about the mac today

which can be interpreted both ways. So yes things are going to be coming up very soon for the Mac, and maybe even a separate meeting or interview or some way to get to the masses that the new product lines are up. But it seemed like today's keynotes (and my first one I've ever followed) were all about the future of Apple (both financially and technologically). It was about Apple making its own little "footprint".
I think splitting up the product introductions was a better idea than one might figure. Snag some people into buying iPhone, AppleTV, and when the dust settles from the sales, allow people to regroup, pay off the credit card, and throw out a new/upgraded line of products, just in time to wipe the floor with Vista! Spring 2007, its just a little more than 2 months away. It took me all day to calm down after not hearing about Leopard in the keynotes, but this has to be why they didn't mention this. Hell, Macworld was on CNN tonight because of the iPhone, not because of Leopard or AppleTV or vPod. After word gets around by this CONFIRMED Apple product, people are going to take a serious look at other Apple product lines and see what else is to offer. That's when they should upgrade everything else, within the next two months.
Do I have Apple marketing tactics pegged or what?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives