Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Paul Wright

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Germany
Oke so this is a reply to https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/267736/
simply my macbook screen was faulty... i did mention to them airport kept dropping and they said they would test and get a new airport card. this was ok, but when the store said they were going to order in a new LCD, Airport card, they were going to try straighten the misaligned case and change the battery, because they thought it was defective, i was suprised that they wouldnt just give me a replacement, instead they were going to repair it.

Have any of you guys had weird experiences where they replace loads of things instead of giving you a replacement... mind they did have the 2Ghz 1gb ram C2D macbook in stock... they had several to be precise.

:confused:

i thought they would just send it to apple to refurb and then later sell it online or something in there refurb store.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
I believe this is pretty typical. Apple doesn't replace machines unless it's considered DOA or a lemon, in which case the same problem needs repair several times.

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
Ok this is the second time today I've heard the word "lemon" used in this way. What does that mean? :confused:

From Oxford American Dictionary:

noun
4 informal a person or thing, esp. an automobile, regarded as unsatisfactory, disappointing, or feeble.​

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.