Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
So like the title says i got a zune mostly just to see what its like. I pop the cd in and install the software, it was nice and easy but updating it took longer then it should. I made an account really fast, i updated the firmware and all was fine.

The problems are about to start. First its very hard to browse the music store, you would think that you can find albums just by typing the name of it, nope. You need to click the marketplace tap then click on albums then type the album name. So lets say you got your album, now you want a song by cold play. The normal thing to do is type "cold play" and you will get the songs right? nope you need to click on artists then type cold play. This needs to be changed it takes to long to find a song or album. The thing that made me want to throw the damn zune in the bin is that some of the albums require you to buy points in order to buy them. Yes you heard right, you pay a monthly fee for all the songs you want but some of them require you to buy points like in a theme park to buy a song.

The zune software as a music player is a week one at best, it did not feel like teh first time i used itunes, it just felt bad. The zune itself is nice, but to bulky to carry around. It has a scroll wheel but it does not scroll. The only thing i like about the zune is the payment method, i rather pay a monthly fee and get all (the should remove the point system) the songs i want.

All in all, its a week player, with a week software and as it stands now you should not think of buying one and spend the $250 on something else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.