Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmccaskill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
I noticed that when I configured the 2GHz white Macbook (2GB RAM + Apple Care) that the price was $1723.00. Fine.

But at checkout I noticed that the total was $1772.00 (without tax), and showed the Airport Extreme as being $49. Any reason why this is separate but not documented anywhere easily viewable? I mean it would be nice to know ahead of time during configuration that wireless is separate.

Furthermore if I don't get it, since it is miniPCI slot I could theoretically put my other card in it and run in Linux/FreeBSD

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I noticed that when I configured the 2GHz white Macbook (2GB RAM + Apple Care) that the price was $1723.00. Fine.

But at checkout I noticed that the total was $1772.00 (without tax), and showed the Airport Extreme as being $49. Any reason why this is separate but not documented anywhere easily viewable? I mean it would be nice to know ahead of time during configuration that wireless is separate.

Furthermore if I don't get it, since it is miniPCI slot I could theoretically put my other card in it and run in Linux/FreeBSD

Wireless is part of the stock config of all Apple's notebooks. In fact, I don't even think you can opt NOT to have wifi on it.

I'm not sure what problem you're having.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I just configured the same machine and went all the way through to where I have to submit my payment information and I didn't see anything like that. My total is simply $1723 plus the $6 recycling fee and tax.

Do you have a screenshot?

Maybe just start over, because that's not right...the AirPort Extreme card is standard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.