Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:44 PM   #1
theparkview
macrumors newbie

can you return or exchange an online mac purchase at an apple store?

I'm just wondering if I'd be able to exchange a stock (middle version) matte MBP I just bought online for a glossy one at a brick and mortar store. Or would I have to mail it back to apple? and if so am I obligated to pay shipping (either to ship it back, to have the new one shipped to me, or both)? I called apple but they were closed so I figured Id ask here.

thanks for your replies
theparkview is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 03:01 AM   #2
robbieduncan

If you are in the UK you can send the machine you bought back within 14 days (iirc) for a full refund. In the US you'd have to pay a restocking fee of 10%.

If the machine is customised in any way you cannot do this. This includes additional RAM, upgraded harddrive etc.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 05:46 AM   #3
emptyCup
macrumors 65816

I don't see why not. They are all part of the same company. Call the store you want to return it to.
emptyCup is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help