Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
How can i set up my application to read and write ftp files, like you can a view site in WebView

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I wrote my own FTP client code at one point. It's horrible. I'd do a Google search and see if anyones written any open source FTP objects.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
There 's an open source third party bit of code called the connection framework that does a ton of stuff - but it's hardly newbie territory

http://opensource.utr-software.com/connection/

That looks like a pretty cool piece of code. The interface they expose is quite similar to the internal one I had for doing FTP (I was writing a tool to sync two directories). The issue I had was parsing the return of an ls command as different servers use different formats!

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I remembered that the FTP stuff I wrote was from an older iteration. I ended up using some code called FTPConnection. It used to be available here and was written by Greg Hulands. iirc I fixed a couple of minor bugs I had found.

Once I get home I will post zip of that code as it worked pretty well and was small and easy to understand...

Edit: actually I won't bother. He's one of the contributors to Connection Kit and FTPConnection is in there :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.