Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
Is there anyone else out there that thinks there's a big possibility of iLife 07 being bundled with leopard?

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
they haven't done it in the past, and Apple don't have any need to do it in the future. They will both be bundled with all new Macs when the products are released, but iLife won't be included with Leopard.

macman2790

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
Texas
Since iLife & iWork weren't released at Macworld, I'm beginning to think anything is possible.

...Although I doubt it.
im for sure iWork wont, but i have some hope for iLife, and since they weren't released at macworld it has me thinking. Maybe leopard will come as early as february after vista along with the release of iLife 07 and iWork 07.
It just doesn't make any sense to me for them not to be released at macworld. It only makes some sense for them to be released alongside Leopard, with or without iLife 07 bundled.

MadDoc

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2005
UK
Perhaps they will break with tradition and bundle it with Leopard. This would ensure that the iApps can make the most of all of Leopards nifty CoreAnimation, CoreData, etc.

MadDoc,

projectle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2005
If it is bundled, then it will also be sold separately. Think about how many people would be horribly upset if they could not share their iMovie projects because their buddy has 10.4 and there was no iLife 07 released that would run on a 4 month old computer.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
By bundle I assume you mean "give away free" not raise the price of Leopard. I don't see why Apple would do that. It is free on new machines and less than shareware on a per app. basis (for those who want the upgrade). Considerable development costs go into maintaning the iApp.s and it is reasonable the Apple try to recoup some of that.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
The only way I see it happening is if Apple feels it needs to push iWork more and decides to have a three-pack...all three programs for a little more than it will cost for Leopard and iLife separately. But that really depends on what Apple's in house data shows about how strong iWork sales are on there own. I don't think they will offer a bundle with just iLife and Leopard together as those programs sell strong enough as it is.

21stcenturykid

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2006
Newcastle UK
They might make it as a package but they wont bundle in the "free with other software" sense. It makes no business sense because iLife 07 will sell on its own anyway. I knw I'll buy it regardless.

wozzlewoozle

macrumors regular
Jan 3, 2005
sarkoland
I'd be a surprised if they packaged it with 10.5 without an increase in upgrade price, as it seems that people have in the past paid for the upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.