Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i guess microsoft is doing something on the inside that is really pissing them off. xbox live always worked very well and i have heard better things about it than ps2's service. but on the second hand you have to pay for xbox live. i dont really care, i never play games online on teh console, that is what my computer is for. it will be interesting to see how this goes.

iJon

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster
Originally posted by iJon
i guess microsoft is doing something on the inside that is really pissing them off. xbox live always worked very well and i have heard better things about it than ps2's service. but on the second hand you have to pay for xbox live. i dont really care, i never play games online on teh console, that is what my computer is for. it will be interesting to see how this goes.

iJon

As soon as the PS2 networking thing gets a little more established I'll hardwire a ethernet cable to it and play online. I think Sony is doing the right thing allowing users to connect to servers just like a normal computer. This is a better plan for the long term. Services come and go but if the services can be put up by anyone like computer game servers then people will always have there choice on where to play.

chrisfx811

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
louisville
maybe if ps2 were a superior console with untapped potential this would be a decent move.
instead, ea will devote more resources to making games that have basically tapped out the ps2 already.:rolleyes:
maybe this will leave room for sega

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Original poster
Originally posted by applemacdude
just another hit to the death of the xbox

Yup have you seen how much they are losing.

Take a look at this.

http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/sto...-96A9-1B1D26992130}&siteid=google&dist=google

According to that Microsoft lost $190 Million on the XBox last quarter alone. Also they're sales are only about half what they were a year ago also.

I don't necessarily revel in the demise of the XBox because it has brought needed compitition to the market but at the same time it's just like any other Microsoft product. I refuse to own it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.