Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old May 14, 2003, 07:14 PM   #1
maracz
macrumors member

How many people use Macs?

I am waiting for a mmorpg game that I have played for years on my PC to come out for Mac so I can play it on my new iBook. Anyways one of the scripters and I were talkign and he told me that a linux c++ version is coming out today and a Mac version next month. I always thought that linux was a minority in terms of os' and that the Mac version would come out earlier. But no it seems that only 1.5% of computer users use macs (according to the game company).

I really am curious. What percent (roughly of course) of computer users use macs? I always thought that it'd be over 10% since I know alot of people who use Macs at home. Or is this 1.5% figuare about right?
maracz is offline   0
Old May 14, 2003, 07:24 PM   #2
janey
macrumors 603

the number varies from 2-20% depending on how you count the number of people.
ie the percentage of people who have used/owned a Mac in their life: 5-40% (mostly in schools and at work)
but the percentage of people who buy their first Macs in any given year 3%, etc.

janey is offline   0
Old May 15, 2003, 09:18 PM   #3
MUrhino
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to MUrhino
more games for macs!

Yeah, I feel ya. I want to play the new command & conquer Generals game, but no, it's not out for Mac's . Virtual PC won't work because there is no physical PC hardware to run the game off of. But I don't want to buy a $600 PC for a couple games. I'll keep my Apple...can't wait till my iPod gets here
MUrhino is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion