Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 15, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Fugel
macrumors newbie

safari + firefox wireless problem

hey. i have a brand new netgear wireless router. its been working fine, and my macbook even says it has full strength signal, yet when i'm not plugged into the ethernet port i cannot open any webpages on safari/firefox, and i cannot use msn - nd belive me, when your 14 and can't use msn, its a BIG problem. i was just wondering if anyone could help me figure this out as i am not the best when it come to stuff like this.

thank you in advance.
Fugel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 06:50 PM   #2
M@lew
macrumors 68000

Could be a channel problem. (i.e. Interference with your wireless) Try opening the router settings and changing the channel.
M@lew is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 01:19 AM   #3
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

What sort of security settings do you have on the router? It sounds like you're not quite configured properly so make sure you're using the right passphrase if necessary and that your Network settings in System Preferences are roughly the same for both Ethernet and AirPort.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store