Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:36 PM   #1
oober_freak
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to oober_freak Send a message via MSN to oober_freak Send a message via Yahoo to oober_freak
How can I make an application launcher?

Hey guys..

I've been trying to get BitTornado to work on OS X. Now, I got it to launch from terminal with the command 'pythonw btdownloadgui.py' in /Applications/BitTornado-CVS/.

My question is: How do I make an application that automates this and launches the BitTornado GUI?

When in Rome, do the Romans.
oober_freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:40 PM   #2
superbovine
macrumors 68030

did you want to make it start during startup?
superbovine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3
oober_freak
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to oober_freak Send a message via MSN to oober_freak Send a message via Yahoo to oober_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbovine View Post
did you want to make it start during startup?
No. I want to make a .app file, so that when I double click it, it automatically launches the BitTornado GUI instead of I keying in the command in Terminal each time.

I used this guide to install: http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php?p=21875#21875

It just doesn't open when I build it with /Developers/Applications/Utilities/Mac-Python/BuildApplet.app

The guy has mentioned some changes to the btdownloadgui.py file there to make it work this way, but I can't make head or tail of Python.

Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:26 PM   #4
oober_freak
macrumors regular

Woohoo! A newer version of MacPython did the trick! I'm running BitTornado now. I guess that'll spare me from having to use Azureus, for a while.

Old Jan 16, 2007, 03:36 AM   #5
cazlar
macrumors 6502

It's been a while since I used this, but you can write a script (basically your commands in Terminal, preceded by a #!/bin/bash or whatever) and name it with a .command extension, and when you double-click it should launch terminal and run the script.
cazlar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming