Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives

Old Jan 17, 2007, 03:57 AM   #1
dale.albiston
macrumors member

iWork07

got myself a macbook pro just priot to crimbo, was going to get iWork06 with it. the store guy stopped me. told me there was a 30 day trial preloaded of iWork06, and iWork07 would probably be out before that timed out...

actually that one thing more than sold me on the mac and apple in general.

no sign of it yet though, a pity, i'll get it when it appears based on the iWork06 trial though. ok its not as powerful as word 2003, keynote is nice but i hardly use powerpoint so its not too relevent, but a WP gets used.

I have open office installed but it just don't 'fit' with the rest of the machine.

fingers crossed it will be out soon.

I can well understand not giving out a date for it (or osx 10.5) since everyone will then wait until that date. but i hope its not too long.

and if it does have a spreadsheet, even a simple one I'm happy. Excel rocks, but normally its overkill. and I'm not forking out for office on the mac, i have parallels and office 2003 pro if required... but the mac stuff looks nicer.

:-)
dale.albiston is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:16 AM   #2
amiga
macrumors 6502

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Mac, we're all waiting for iWork and iLife as well. I hope that iWork will mature further as I'd like to own it.

amiga is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:22 AM   #3
Scarlet Fever
macrumors 68040

if that info is right, iLife and iWork will be released within 30 days!

I can't wait to see what they have done with GarageBand
Scarlet Fever is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:35 AM   #4
Steven Jackson
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Steven Jackson Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Jackson
I, too, am very anxious for the iLife and iWork updates. I shouldn't put too much faith in what some guy at an Apple store says, however. As far as I know they have no more prior knowledge than we do... He was probably just expecting them to be released at MacWorld like the rest of us.

Steve.
Steven Jackson is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2007, 10:23 AM   #5
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Current thinking seems to be that the release of iLife and iWork '07 may be delayed to coincide with Leopard. If that's the case, we have a few more months to wait.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 06:46 PM   #6
p0intblank
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJ Reilly View Post
Current thinking seems to be that the release of iLife and iWork '07 may be delayed to coincide with Leopard. If that's the case, we have a few more months to wait.
Most people seem to agree with you, but I'm thinking differently. I just can't see Apple waiting that long. I'm hoping for an iLife '07 release within a couple weeks or so.
The #1 source for accessories compatible with Apple's new Mac Pro
Have a suggestion? Contact me here!
p0intblank is offline   0
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:25 PM   #7
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0intblank View Post
Most people seem to agree with you, but I'm thinking differently. I just can't see Apple waiting that long. I'm hoping for an iLife '07 release within a couple weeks or so.
I'm hoping it comes sooner also. Maybe they're just waiting for Leopard's feature set to be finalized.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 07:41 PM   #8
benthewraith
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to benthewraith Send a message via MSN to benthewraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0intblank View Post
Steve did say that products would be released in the coming weeks and months, so I'm going on the assumption that iWork and iLife will be released sometime very soon. Amazon's already jumpin' at the bit to sell it. I'm very interested to see how it comes. What the GUI is like (will it be the same, will it be different), and whether I should update to iLife '07 or go ahead and just get Final Cut Express for my b-day.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Event Archives