Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 17, 2007, 01:09 PM   #1
ATG
macrumors regular

Executable Rename

I just changed the name of my executable (Cocoa, Xcode 2.x) and was horror struck when the finder said: "This application is damaged or corrupted" (or something along those lines) when I tried to open it.

What the **** just happened and how do I fix this?!?!?

EDIT: Just fixed it. Looks like Xcode forgot to actually rename the executable . I mean, what's the point of having a field for executable name if it doesn't rename the file when you change it?
ATG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Sayer
macrumors 6502a

You have to build a fresh copy of the App when you make changes like that. Just typing in stuff doesn't actually change anything on disk in the actual application, until you build a fresh copy.

At least this isn't Project Builder times, when it would simply refuse to build a fresh binary even though obvious changes requiring a recompile to object files were made.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:45 AM   #3
ATG
macrumors regular

Sorry for the late reply.

I did do a fresh build - twice. I even deleted everything in the build folder to make sure it wasn't caching anything.
ATG is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming