Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 17, 2007, 03:59 PM   #1
NightLord
macrumors regular

Ripping audio from video

I have some standup comedy shows that I want to rip the audio track from to put them on my ipod mini, does anyone know of a program that'll let me do this?

Thanks a lot
NightLord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:00 PM   #2
AlBDamned
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightLord View Post
I have some standup comedy shows that I want to rip the audio track from to put them on my ipod mini, does anyone know of a program that'll let me do this?

Thanks a lot
Quicktime Pro let's you do this, so does Audio Hijack Pro.
AlBDamned is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:01 PM   #3
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

If they're already in the form of video files, I think ffmpegx (free) also does this.

It would be great if there were an app that in a really simple way (like iSquint level of simplicity) took a DVD of a concert / musical / etc (in which the tracks correspond more or less to the tracks on the soundtrack) and just let you click a button, rip all the chapters into separate AAC files, populate the ID3, and put them in iTunes. But I don't know of anything that simple.

Although, in your case, probably what ffmpegx, Audio Hijack, etc, do would be fine.
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:07 PM   #4
NightLord
macrumors regular

Brilliant. Thanks a lot to the both of you
NightLord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 04:31 PM   #5
stevep
macrumors 6502a

I think iMovie can do this if the original file is in a format that it can understand - import it into iMovie and then export the sound track - go to Share menu, save project as QuickTime movie, go to advanced options and save out as audio (might have to be AIFF but not sure), then drag/drop into iTunes.
stevep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Osarkon
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to Osarkon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
I think iMovie can do this if the original file is in a format that it can understand - import it into iMovie and then export the sound track - go to Share menu, save project as QuickTime movie, go to advanced options and save out as audio (might have to be AIFF but not sure), then drag/drop into iTunes.
I think you're right, iMovie does have the option to do so.
Osarkon is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store