Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott182

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Madison, WI
I'm thinking about getting a refurbished first generation iPod Nano (2 GB) from the Apple Store for $99. Was the scratching problem ever fixed on the first-gen Nanos, or did Apple just put that off until coming out with the 2nd-gen model? If the scratching wasn't fixed, is it even worth $99?

nitynate

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2006
Clearwater, FL
I'm thinking about getting a refurbished first generation iPod Nano (2 GB) from the Apple Store for $99. Was the scratching problem ever fixed on the first-gen Nanos, or did Apple just put that off until coming out with the 2nd-gen model? If the scratching wasn't fixed, is it even worth $99?
Just pay fifty more dollars and get the new one! :D

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Nope wasn't fixed. Its the clear plastic material they use, though the scratching is much more evident in the black models since they stand out more. Honestly, I had a black 30gig that was protective since you can view videos. I didn't put one on my 4 gig nano.. Its pretty beat up now but I honestly don't care. That thing goes everywhere with me and damn it shows! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.