Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 18, 2007, 07:28 PM   #1
theforgotten
macrumors newbie

PowerBook G4 Titanium display problem

Hi there!
I own Titanium PowerBook G4 and something is wrong with my display.Couple of days ago my little brother took it and he was at his friend.When he came back the display wasn't working.I ask him and he told me that his friend pour some of his Fanta on the keyboard.When I connect CRT monitor I can see that the Mac is working but on the screen there's nothing.Can somebody tell me what's the problem and is it small or big damage and can I fix it?Thank you very much!
theforgotten is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Legolamb
macrumors 6502a

Sticky liquids are a nightmare that's best left to the Apple pros. You can't just let it dry out like with water or clear liquids. The keyboard on a laptop sits on top of the computer's guts; I'd take it in. Good luck.
Legolamb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 11:28 PM   #3
aquajet
macrumors 68020

Did you take steps to clean out the fanta? I'm assuming you haven't, in which case your first mistake was to try to power on the machine before disassembling the machine and thoroughly cleaning it out and allowing it to dry. Spilling water into the machine is one thing, but sticky, sugary soda must be cleaned.

My guess is your machine is likely toast by now. If there's any hope of getting it working again, it must be disassembled.
aquajet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs