Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cooperthefool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2007
I recently bought an Ibook on Ebay and im wondering how to connect it to my wireless router!

PS the Ibook is the clamshell design one

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
It would help if you provide some specifics... start with the color of the iBook. Next, click the Apple icon in the upper left and select the About This Mac item. It will give you the processor speed and the operating system revision.

This will help us figure out how to help you.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
Macs need Airport to connect to wireless access points. Check your specs on eBay, description whatsoever if you still have that page bookmarked.

beige matchbox

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2005
Oxfordshire, UK
If by clamshell you mean the old loo seat jobbies, i think the late ones came with the airport card, not sure, they might have gone to the normal laptop shape snow ones by then, the older ones will need one of the old PCMCIA style airport cards fitted.

The old cards go for ridiculas amounts of money for what they are, i've been looking for a cheap one for some time to complete my old ibook, but they've all been to expensive to be worth it :rolleyes:

As to the software, that depends alot of the version of MacOS it's running, my old 300Mhz one came with 8.6, and soldiered on until 10.3.

Do as mkrishnan says, and let us know what you find :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.