Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:28 PM   #1
McPaul
macrumors member

Credit balance out of date?

I've been getting this error message on my iTunes consistently.

I've been buying gift cards and currently have a gift card balance of $3.52 (Canadian). I also have a credit card on file as backup.

Whenever I try to purchase a 'free' song, a 99cent song, or a full album, it gives me the above error message.

I've restarted iTunes, restarted my computer, and it still gives me this error. I can't even buy anything! (or download singles of te week)

any suggestions?
McPaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:32 PM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

There was a discussion from a year ago...

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=143846

That seems like it might be related. I've never seen this kind of error before using gift cards, however.

Are you using the latest iTunes?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:58 PM   #3
McPaul
macrumors member

Thanks - I've taken a look at that link, and have seen similar discussions on apple help discussion foruns previous to posting here, and there never seems to be a definite solution other than 'spend more money first'. My problem is that I've tried free, 99cent, and also full albums, and no matter what I buy I get this error message. In many of the discussions I have read, the individuals ended up 'purchasing' every item they clicked on, but they never did download. I don't want to keep clicking on everything and end up in a similar situation of being charged for a whole bunch of stuff I clicked on.

I've also sent a note to iTunes tech support, but they said there is a huge volume of queries now and responses could be quite significantly delayed. That's why I came here.

I also have another gift card I have not yet redeemed until this problem is resolved.
McPaul is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod