Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Hey everyone,
I'm in a bit of a rush, writing a terribly long paper. Any dictation software available for free or at least that has a trial available? Any to scan a handwritten document into a .doc?
Thanks,
wmmk

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hmm. Have a PC? (Or Parallels/etc) My Dell Printer (on the PC obviously) can scan handwritten docs. into text. I did a bit of searching & couldn't find anything for Mac. Good luck though.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
does that dell scanner use any software in particular? That could come in handy for rough drafts of esays for me...

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I think it uses the Dell AIO software that comes with their all in ones. I haven't used the program in a while, & I think it gets a few of the words wrong (naturally) so you have to go through and check it all.

Pretty handy though.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
I think it uses the Dell AIO software that comes with their all in ones. I haven't used the program in a while, & I think it gets a few of the words wrong (naturally) so you have to go through and check it all.

Pretty handy though.

hmmm... have a fax? I'll paypal you $5 if you can turn my rough draft into a .doc!:)

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Check your PMs~

hey, saw that. thanks. anyway, got the paper typed and turned it. I really need to get one of those stands that you put looseleaf in so it's at eye level when you type. that'd make everything way, way faster!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.