Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old May 17, 2003, 11:01 PM   #1
Stelliform
macrumors 68000

Matrix Debate, Opinions, Thoughts. SPOILERS! BE WARNED!

I think the other thread is really interesting, but I think y'all are giving too many spoilers without warning. So I opened up this thread. I just hope I am not doing my master debating by myself....

Here is what I am wondering... The architect said that the "one" is built into the matrix, it is how it operates. Humans need choice to remain content.

What if Zion exists in the matrix? That would explain Neo's powers outside the matrix. (Either that, or the architect made neo, and acidentally gave him too much power.)

The architect says that the matrix is far older than Neo suspects. What if the earth is healed? Zion exsists in the Matrix, and Zion is only a second level to keep the people who suspect pacified. Then the one comes. The one who can traverse both the matrix, and the fake earth that they project. Then they make him believe that he will murder humanity if he goes against them. Neo is the first to make the right choice. (it all comes down to choice eh?)

I think that the oracle hinted at this. We think she is talking about the rogue agent, but mabey she is really talking about herself and the architect. (i.e. the earth is healed, there is no need for the Matrix, but they keep existing.)

Remember guys, the third movie is written and shot and in the final stages of production. They are trying to make Star Wars here. In the first movie you are told alot of the secrets right away, yet you do not realize that they are important. I think we know way more than we suspect.

I don't think neo is superman. Therefore he has to be in the matrix. And we now know that the matrix is very old. Therefore the earth might be healed. And the matrix cannot control all of its programs, therefore the Matrix may be operating also out of control. The humans may be subjugated not out of necessity, but because they need the humans to function. Not for energy, but because it is written into their programming. (The old, we need machines to survive, and they need us. Although Neo doesn't see it that way. (I am suspisious of the chancellor. I think he is a program.))

What do y'all think?

Last edited by Stelliform; May 17, 2003 at 11:18 PM.
Stelliform is offline   0
Old May 17, 2003, 11:24 PM   #2
Stelliform
macrumors 68000

Ugh, I just found the other Matrix thread... In current events?!? Sorry for the double thread.

Last edited by Stelliform; May 17, 2003 at 11:47 PM.
Stelliform is offline   0
Old May 17, 2003, 11:27 PM   #3
scem0
macrumors 604

Why is the Matrix thread in current events? It seems like it belongs in community discussion, but anywhere is good I guess.
scem0 is offline   0
Old May 17, 2003, 11:49 PM   #4
Stelliform
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally posted by scem0
Why is the Matrix thread in current events? It seems like it belongs in community discussion, but anywhere is good I guess.
Yeah, I scanned the Community section before I posted and I didn't see any Matrix threads warning of spoilers. So I wanted to be nice and move spoiler ridden discussion under a thread with a warning in the title. (And I wanted to debate what I thought.) But much of what I brought up is in the other thread.

Oh well, off to bed!

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community