Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
hey guys,

i just got an iPod shuffle as a gift, and i have 2 big questions for everyone.

1. When I first used it on shuffle, it worked perfectly. But the next time I tried to use it on shuffle (after charging it in my computer), it shuffled in the same order as last time. So the songs were still "random", but the SAME random! anyone know a solution to this?

2. What do you guys do when you're done using your shuffle? For instance, if i listen to my shuffle while walking to class, where do i put it when i'm done? With my iPod Photo, i used to wrap the headphones around the iPod and put it in my pocket. with such a small iPod, i don't know what to do with the headphones! any ideas?

Thanks!

Blackhawk2006

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2006
i have the same problem > i mean the headphones bit .. its all good having it so small but it turns into a massive ball of wires and the headphones get all like curly :(

VforVelveta

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1. Not too sure about this, mine has about 220 songs on it, so even if it did shuffle in the same order, I doubt I would even notice.

2. I usually loop the headphone cord then use the clip on the shuffle to hold it together.

01jamcon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2006
London
If the songs play back in the same order, press play 3 times to change the 'playlist'. I know shuffle's don't have playlists in the same way other iPods do, but it should play your songs in a different random order.

The previous poster has a great idea for the cable, but if you have sturdy good quality headphones, just chuck it all together and it should be fine, apart from a bit of untangling the next time you get it out.

One thing I have done, is clip the shuffle to the end of a short sleeve t-shirt and run the cable under the shirt and hang around the neck. When not listening, hide the headphones under the shirt, then put straight back in ears when needed, simple and effective I think.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
If the songs play back in the same order, press play 3 times to change the 'playlist'. I know shuffle's don't have playlists in the same way other iPods do, but it should play your songs in a different random order.

excellent! great solution, thank you!

still not sold on a headphone-management idea... anyone else?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.