Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:56 PM   #1
JeffGilly
macrumors newbie

Nano: Power Up & Play with One Button Press

I recently had to upgrade the software in my 1st gen nano because I upgraded iTunes to 7. Since then, I noticed that in stand-by mode (or whatever its called), all you have to do to play a song is press the power up/play button once. However, sometimes I have to press it twice. Those "sometimes" it will power up the nano but not start playing then I have to press play again to get it started.

Anyone with the new version of software in their nano have to press play twice sometimes to get the song to play and other times it only takes one press?

Also, was this a feature with the newest software upgrade? I didn't notice it powering up and playing with one button press before the upgrade.

Dunno if this happens with the video iPods, but it does happen with my 1st gen nano as well as my wife's 1st gen nano.
JeffGilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:22 PM   #2
robPOD
macrumors 6502

why is that a problem?
robPOD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 02:49 PM   #3
JeffGilly
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robPOD View Post
why is that a problem?
The problem is not that it powers up and plays with one button press, the problem is that it is inconsistant. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That's my main question. Why is it inconsistant? It can be in standby mode for hours and one press powers up and plays, other times it can be in standby mode for 20 mins and the first press on the button just powers it up and it takes another press to play the song that was in stand by.

My other question was for curiosity...was the one button press feature put in place just recently?
JeffGilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2007, 03:06 PM   #4
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGilly View Post
The problem is not that it powers up and plays with one button press, the problem is that it is inconsistant. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. That's my main question. Why is it inconsistant? It can be in standby mode for hours and one press powers up and plays, other times it can be in standby mode for 20 mins and the first press on the button just powers it up and it takes another press to play the song that was in stand by.

My other question was for curiosity...was the one button press feature put in place just recently?
I'm not sure why it happens but I too have noticed the same thing.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod