Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
In the morning, I take my iPod off the USB Dock, and take it to work. My desire is to continue playing the shuffled music from where I left off yesterday, but I haven't figured that out yet. I go down to Shuffle, press the round button, and see shuffled song #1. I press the play button, and it has the equal sign and "Now Playing" indicator. But it doesn't play. I keep pushing the play button various speeds, sometimes making my iPod go black. It takes a minute or two of futzing around before it really starts playing. So far, I haven't noticed what I do different to make it start.

Stopping and starting works fine now that I'm playing.

What is the technique I am missing?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If the dock is plugged into computer, do you eject it before pulling it out? If not, it may be taking a bit of time to find its bearings again.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
Yep. I always undock it. Then I take it to work, and then I sometimes get it playing right away, sometimes it takes a bunch of pressing.

ste6168

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2007
Yep. I always undock it. Then I take it to work, and then I sometimes get it playing right away, sometimes it takes a bunch of pressing.

have you updated it lately? How long has it been doing this? Worse case scenario, maybe your hdd is starting to go bad...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.