Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene

Old May 18, 2003, 04:39 PM   #1
Frozone
macrumors 6502

Mac Programming Question.

Hi, i'm 14 years old and i'm interested of going into programming games when I get older for the Mac platform. I've used PC's all of my life up until last year but finally switched. I learned quite a bit about Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0. And i'm wondering if there is any programming language similar to MSVB for the Mac platform. I'm not really interested at the moment about really good nice looking games just simple games like Tic-Tac-Toe and maybe some sort of card game to start off with. If there isn't a programming language like that then are there any other that would be good for me to start out with. Thanks
Frozone is offline   0
Old May 18, 2003, 04:50 PM   #2
Chilton
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Chilton
SuperCard

One major advantage the Mac has over the PC world is SuperCard. I highly recommend it, especially for programmers who are new to the Mac.

http://www.supercard.us/

-Chilton
Chilton is offline   0
Old May 18, 2003, 06:14 PM   #3
scem0
macrumors 604

Are you planning on doing these programs visually or as (on windows) a win32 console app?
scem0 is offline   0
Old May 18, 2003, 06:31 PM   #4
Frozone
macrumors 6502

Umm...I would like something where I can visually design how the application looks and give each object a name and then switch to the code section and program. But i'm open to everything. I saw in another post about something called METAL and i've been reading about that and it seems pretty cool right now and I may use that if there is nothing else more similar to MSVB. I may just give METAL a try anyway.
Frozone is offline   0
Old May 18, 2003, 08:42 PM   #5
Chilton
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Chilton
SuperCard and REALBasic would both do the trick. I know professional VB developers who are in both camps, so I'm betting you'll have no problems with either.

-Chilton
Chilton is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene