Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
'ello!

My previous work laptop had XP, and amongst other things the windows-based SAP GUI and Cisco vpn client, and i worked on SAP via the connection made using the Cisco client.

Does anyone know if either of these are available for OSX on the Intel-based macs?

CaPo :confused:

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
'ello!

My previous work laptop had XP, and amongst other things the windows-based SAP GUI and Cisco vpn client, and i worked on SAP via the connection made using the Cisco client.

Does anyone know if either of these are available for OSX on the Intel-based macs?

CaPo :confused:

I think the Cisco VPN is - check out version tracker http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12696

OSX also has a built in VPN, which works for me. Open up internet connect from the applications menu and put in the correct details.

Not sure what the SAP thing is....

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I know for a fact that Cisco VPN client is available for OS X, however, you will not be able to legally find it anywhere on the internet. You will have to get whomever is in charge of your Cisco VPN router to get a Mac client from Cisco.

As for SAP GUI, yes, there is a java-based version for OS X (well, anything that has java), but I couldn't tell you where to try and get that from. I just know that it definitely exists because it's used here.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
Yes to both, but I haven't tried the SAP GUI. As others have said, the Cisco VPN works, although I have come across some quirks. Contact your sysadmin for both.

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
I'm researching by myself because the damn IT dept are taking their sweet time searching for the versions i need, therefore maintaining the need for me to keep 2 laptops at the moment. I wanna get off the Acer and go OSX fully as soon as i can, so any pointers or links would be appreciated :)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
No links. Cisco has OS X clients readily avilable. We use 4.x here.

Version 4.9.00.0050 works with Intel Macs.

satty

macrumors 6502
I know for a fact that Cisco VPN client is available for OS X, however, you will not be able to legally find it anywhere on the internet. You will have to get whomever is in charge of your Cisco VPN router to get a Mac client from Cisco.

As for SAP GUI, yes, there is a java-based version for OS X (well, anything that has java), but I couldn't tell you where to try and get that from. I just know that it definitely exists because it's used here.

Just in case others want to try the combination Cisco & SAP:

Cisco VPN client
SAP Java GUI (see Sinsinnati's post above)

For the set-up of the Cisco VPN client it's best to get a copy of the .pcf file - for example from a Windows PC - and import it.

The connection settings to a SAP server from the Java GUI are not done via saplogon.ini. Set-up a connection with following string under tab "Advanced, Expert mode" (example SAP server address 10.0.0.1 and system number 00):
Code:
conn=/H/10.0.0.1/S/3200

Ihalofbawt

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
Caracas, Venezuela
Little help with the SAPgui

Hello there, I've downloaded and installed the SAPgui from the aforementioned ftp link, but I can't seem to make it work.

I configure the connection under the Advanced tab, with the "conn=/H..../S/32XX" string and then when I try to connect to the server the progress bar runs halfway and nothing happens, no login pop-up or anything.

Any ideas as to what may be happening?

Regards

capoditutti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
London
Hello there, I've downloaded and installed the SAPgui from the aforementioned ftp link, but I can't seem to make it work.

I configure the connection under the Advanced tab, with the "conn=/H..../S/32XX" string and then when I try to connect to the server the progress bar runs halfway and nothing happens, no login pop-up or anything.

Any ideas as to what may be happening?

Regards

Make sure you can reach the destination server otherwise - just sounds like the IP address is wrong/incorrect..

The help i got here worked fine for me..

prashanthjannu

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2009
Printing in SAP GUI

Hi,

I am using SAP Java GUI on Mac book pro. I have a default printer in Mac. When i try to print in SAP using "LOCL" it says "Cannot find the front end Printers" and so i am not able to take any printouts from Mac.

Windows SAP GUI has SAPLPD program. Mac also has LPD but i dont know how to tell SAP to use it in MAC.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

asbah

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
Installing SAP on Mac

i have recently discovered the installer for SAP GUI 7.2 Java which work excellent with Mac OSX. I've post the tutorial here in my website: Installing SAP on MAC (http://awangshamsul.net/installing-sap-on-a-mac/). Please try and any feedback is welcome whether the method of Java is working for you company's server.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.