Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erkanasu

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
:mad:
bastard broke my car windows and stole my baby(ipod)! $350 down the drain (with no spare cash). I files a police report, giving the serial, but should I contact apple for some weird reason I'm not aware of? Thanks

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
You might be able to get them to flag the serial number in case anyone tries to bring it to Apple for service.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Sorry to hear, iPods are *hot* items as they are being stolen all the time, even here. I doubt calling Apple will help.

abbottpc.com

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
Should never leave these kind of things in your car, well, at least in plain view. Sucks though. :(

I agree if you just left it out in plain site, you may have been asking for trouble. Thats just like leaving your doors unlocked with a sign saying steal me.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I agree if you just left it out in plain site, you may have been asking for trouble. Thats just like leaving your doors unlocked with a sign saying steal me.

Yup. My parents drilled car safety into my head from a young age. I never leave anything on show, either stick it in the glove box or under a seat. In this day 'n age I don't see why anyone would leave something on show.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
My PowerBook was stolen in Hollywood last year from my car. I parked the car, with my backpack tucked under the foot rest, but the thief still got to it.

My home insurance paid for the theft and I got a MacBook Pro as a result! :D

gstorms

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2007
Sorry to hear but i definetly know how you feel. I got a 60gb ipod video for my birthday, unfortunetly about 2 months after I got it I accidently left it at my school library. About 2 hours later I finally realized it was gone but when I went back to the spot I left it at....needless to say it was no longer there. I have a 30 gb now but it still pisses me off when i think about it. Just for the fact that someone has my ipod with all my personal music, videos and pics.
I almost wish someone would have stolen it like they did yours, so I would have someone to blame besides myself.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Just lost my second one.... I feel stupid!

I dont usually loose things that valuble. The first one was at my school, similar story as above ^. This time though... I am not sure where it went. I took a train last week and I have narrowed down that I must have left it on the train. Both were 30 gigs.

I am to a point where I think, maybe I shouldnt get another one. Yet at the same time, I use it a lot. Loosing an iPod is tough because you need to justify the new purchase.

MeWannaMac

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
Its a shame you cant leave things in your car these days. I know from experience not to leave anything important in my car.

Some car insurance policies will cover items stolen from a car but you need to check this.

Not sure if contacting Apple will do any good. If it was me I probably wouldnt bother.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.