Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1
markw10
macrumors 6502

Is there an iPod Dock Splitter-Is this necessary?

I just bought my iPod this week, a 5.5G iPod Video. Since I listen to podcasts frequently I will be syncing this daily with my Mac. As well, the other thing I use it for mostly is listening to FM Radio so i bought Apple's FM Radio Receiver Adapter. I know even with a standard iPod everytime you sync it you pull the dock connector in and out. As well, now that I use the FM Receiver I also have to unplug before each sync as well as plug that in after each sync. That just seems like a lot of heavy use. Is this likely to cause any problems with the iPod connector? What I'm wondering is is there anything (that's hopefully small) that acts as a splitter where I could plug in both at the same time and limit the use of the original dock connector that's actually on the iPod?
markw10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:48 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw10 View Post
I just bought my iPod this week, a 5.5G iPod Video. Since I listen to podcasts frequently I will be syncing this daily with my Mac. As well, the other thing I use it for mostly is listening to FM Radio so i bought Apple's FM Radio Receiver Adapter. I know even with a standard iPod everytime you sync it you pull the dock connector in and out. As well, now that I use the FM Receiver I also have to unplug before each sync as well as plug that in after each sync. That just seems like a lot of heavy use. Is this likely to cause any problems with the iPod connector? What I'm wondering is is there anything (that's hopefully small) that acts as a splitter where I could plug in both at the same time and limit the use of the original dock connector that's actually on the iPod?
I would be interested in this as well as I sit in a similar position as you. But as far as the dock connector goes...no...I doubt it'll cause problems.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod