Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:56 AM   #1
kraftzwerg
macrumors regular

Best battery for 12" Powerbook?

After 200 battery cycles, my battery lost more than one third of its capacity and I'm in the market for a 2nd battery for my 12"PB (last revision model). Besides the original Apple battery, I have noticed two other offerings, the "high capacity" battery at OWC, and the Trupower Battery, which is a lot cheaper, has less nominal capacity, but claims to have some special energy saving electronics ...

Do you have any experience with non-Apple batteries for the 12" PB ?
kraftzwerg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 02:14 AM   #2
livingfortoday
macrumors 68030

I had one of the NewerTech batteries in my Powerbook Ti back in the day, and it was quite the performer. Held a really long charge, longer than my original Apple one. I'd recommend them, but I would look around to see if I could score one cheaper, if I were you (like on eBay).
Old Jan 24, 2007, 04:51 PM   #3
bobinnv
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftzwerg View Post
After 200 battery cycles, my battery lost more than one third of its capacity and I'm in the market for a 2nd battery for my 12"PB (last revision model). Besides the original Apple battery, I have noticed two other offerings, the "high capacity" battery at OWC, and the Trupower Battery, which is a lot cheaper, has less nominal capacity, but claims to have some special energy saving electronics ...

Do you have any experience with non-Apple batteries for the 12" PB ?
I bought the OWC battery recently for my 12" PB. It works fine, actually I get a bit more time from it than from the original Apple battery. But it doesn't fit as well as the original - I had to press really hard to get it to go in, and it sticks out a tiny bit in the front. From reading the Powerbook forum at Apple.com, getting replacement batteries that fit correctly is something of a problem, no matter who you buy it from.
bobinnv is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 05:36 PM   #4
NorCalLights
macrumors 6502

I had a NewerTech extended battery in my TiBook 800... it was awesome. After three and a half years of use, my original battery was in rough shape, and the new one put me in the 5 hour range. I only ever got 3.5 to 4 hours on my original battery.
NorCalLights is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs