Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:57 PM   #1
micsaund
macrumors 6502

Current refurb iPod Video help

I'm tossing around the idea of grabbing my first iPod Video (upgrading from a 6GB Mini). I like the current format, so I'm not too worried about them introducing a full-screen version, especially first generation

Anyway, I was cruising the refurb page and looking at the 30GB Video for $179 shipped and have a couple questions.

1) What generation is this? 5 or 5.5?

2) If it is 5G, what is the difference/disadvantage (if any) of not having a 5.5G?

I mainly use my iPod for podcasts (and video podcasts) so I think that a 30GB will be plenty, although I am a bit concerned about a capacity bump being announced which I might miss-out on, but it's not a huge deal if they do as the 30 should be plenty (I do hate missing free improvements though )

Thanks for the input,
Mike

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod