Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old May 20, 2003, 12:38 AM   #1
GeneR
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to GeneR Send a message via Yahoo to GeneR
Question Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, FREE Internet Service Provider with MySQL?

I'm sure this may be a long shot question, but does anyone know of an Internet Service Provider Host for domains that is:

1.) Free
2.) Reliable
3.) Offers good bandwidth
4.) About 50MB disk space per domain
5.) Allows FTP uploading
6.) Has a good reputation and track record
7.) Has site back up in case of hacks or site vandalism.
8.) Has PHP
9.) Has MySQL?
10.) No banners or word ads on the site.

I think I'm asking a lot. However, with the internet, you never know. If someone does know of a domain host that doesn't charge for the transfer of a doman nor for hosting and fulfills the above requirements, would you please let me know and provide a link? Thanks!

Helpful hint #001: Work for Good, not for Evil.

What I like about MacRumors: Very cool people. It's always like a party. The people are friendly, funny, smart, and pretty darn cool. And I'm always learning how much I don't know.

RAMEN RANK: Yellow belt - Ramen noodle eater. (Not quite professional grade as of yet.)
GeneR is offline   0
Old May 20, 2003, 01:18 AM   #2
Thom_Edwards
macrumors regular

your computer

yeah, you are asking a lot! why not just use your computer and high-speed connection? as long as you aren't using it for full-on business purposes, i think that should work out great.
there are places out there that are as close to cheap as possible, though. the one i use is $10/month. that's really pretty cheap when you think about it.
Thom_Edwards is offline   0
Old May 20, 2003, 01:54 AM   #3
Nipsy
macrumors 65816

ehostsource.com

$5.75/mo

If you can't afford that, I'd host from your house.
But then again, whereas Apple is being run by a brilliant marketer with the uncanny ability to bend people to his will, Gateway is being run by a man perfectly willing to go on television and show the world that he solicits business advice from a talking cow...
Nipsy is offline   0
Old May 20, 2003, 02:14 AM   #4
GeneR
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to GeneR Send a message via Yahoo to GeneR
Thanks!

Much appreciated. ehostsource.om looks like a good deal. Thanks!
Helpful hint #001: Work for Good, not for Evil.

What I like about MacRumors: Very cool people. It's always like a party. The people are friendly, funny, smart, and pretty darn cool. And I'm always learning how much I don't know.

RAMEN RANK: Yellow belt - Ramen noodle eater. (Not quite professional grade as of yet.)
GeneR is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion