Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amack

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
just downloaded an update for 10.4.8 for Airport extreme 2007, anybody else got this? Hope it upgrades the extreme card in my macpro to n, and no, there was no 1.99 charge. Going to restart to see what it changes.:)

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
No, it doesn't upgrade your card to n. There are already a bunch of threads about this, please search before you make new threads. :rolleyes:

DsurioN

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2007
Doesn't it say on the apple website it provides compatibility for the airport extreme (speeds up to 5 times faster)? as far as I can tell, this is the 802.11n update, but only for computers that shipped with an n-capable card (core 2 duo's). I have an iMac core duo (got it a month before the core 2's):( so my wireless card does not support 802.11n.

piltupso

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2006
I was surprised to see that my machine wanted the new update as my machine didn't ship with an airport card. I thought that only updates that a particular machine needed were offered. Is this a mistake?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.