Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:21 PM   #1
turboskipper
macrumors newbie

Sync random songs to ipod?

I have a 2gig nano and Itunes 7. I want to sync 'My Top Rated' to the ipod but the playlist is larger than 2 gigs. Is there a way to have Itunes randomly pick from that list until the ipod is full?

Thanks for the help,
Preston
turboskipper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:31 PM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

One thing you can do is modify that smart playlist so that the criteria is not xxx songs, but is xxx megabytes (so that it fits the Nano). Would that work for you?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 01:36 PM   #3
turboskipper
macrumors newbie

Thats a good idea, thanks! Once the smart playlist is filled if I rank more songs with say 5 stars. Which gives them criteria to be in that playlist how does itunes figure out which songs to put in there? Or once it caps does it not fill up anymore?

I have 40 gigs or so of music which I just play on random. When I hear songs I like I rank them. So the 'My Top Rated' folder is always growing. I just want the ipod to only pull from the songs in that smart playlist. Obviously it cant take them all so I'm trying to find the best way to get some of them at random.
turboskipper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod