Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jan 28, 2007, 11:27 AM   #1
danielbriggs
macrumors 6502

iPod Dock & Remote Trouble :-(

Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this message, but anyway:

OK, I've a 17" C2D MBP sitting on my desk, some speakers and an iPod 5.5G 80GB in a universal iPod dock.

The MacBook Pro is completely separate to everything. The iPod is in it's dock, with speakers plugged into the back, and the dock connector plugged into a wall adapter.

I got the iPod remote with MacBook Pro and whenever I use it it controls both the mac and the ipod in the dock. Is there anyway to get it to work with only one? I've got it paired with my laptop, but it still controls both...
Is there anyway I can get one remote for the iPod that ONLY controls the iPod and setup my current remote to ONLY work with the laptop?

Ta!

Dan :-)
danielbriggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 03:00 PM   #2
MacAnkka
macrumors regular

I haven't tried this myself, but you can pair the remote with the dock instead of the Mac. It might do the trick.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302782

Hope it helps!
MacAnkka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 03:15 PM   #3
danielbriggs
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAnkka View Post
I haven't tried this myself, but you can pair the remote with the dock instead of the Mac. It might do the trick.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302782

Hope it helps!
Ahhh... that worked!

Now why couldn't I find that?!?!

All I need now is another remote for the Mac (as I've now paired the one that came with it to the ipod dock) and I'll get some of those zcover cases so I can tell them apart.

Ta!

Dan :-)
danielbriggs is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod