Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 29, 2007, 02:41 PM   #1
APPLENEWBIE
macrumors 6502a

Slow Loading And Printing Pdf's

I regularly get multi-page PDF records. Right now for instance I am opening a 36 page PDF on my 1.42 PPC mini. It can take several minutes to load/extract the pdf, and several more minutes (maybe 10) to print. Is this normal? Anyone have any other ideas on how to read/print these things faster?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2007, 03:45 AM   #2
clairejr
macrumors newbie

Adobe Reader is slow but the latest version (8) has improved considerably so, if you're still using an older version, I'd recommend that you update to version 8.

You can read and print PDFs with Apple's Preview program and it's noticeably faster than Adobe Reader.

Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLENEWBIE View Post
I regularly get multi-page PDF records. Right now for instance I am opening a 36 page PDF on my 1.42 PPC mini. It can take several minutes to load/extract the pdf, and several more minutes (maybe 10) to print. Is this normal? Anyone have any other ideas on how to read/print these things faster?

Thanks!
clairejr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2007, 03:59 AM   #3
MACDRIVE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairejr View Post

You can read and print PDFs with Apple's Preview program and it's noticeably faster than Adobe Reader.
That's what I was going to say. Some how or another, mine loads PDF's with Preview by default; which is ok by me.
MACDRIVE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:06 PM   #4
tiemroth
macrumors newbie

I have the same slow pdf printing problem

It started about a month ago, I suspect from an OS upgrade. I can print the pdf documents on the same printer on the same network from my PC at normal (very fast - 1 page per 2 seconds or so) speed, which I used to be able to do on my mac just as fast.

(Not much help, but some empathy )
tiemroth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Michellecycler
macrumors newbie

PDF Slow Printing

Hi all,

I have had some success with this:

When printing, go into the advanced section, it is located at the bottom of the print window. From there, select print as an image. The printing was very quick after I did that. The one thing, you need to do it each time.

I have an HP Laserjet 3055.
Michellecycler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:52 PM   #6
Dhsigmapi
macrumors newbie

Print in Chrome

I had the same problem with my ne iMac and HP Deskjet 1200 from the 1990's. According to the people at Apple help, it doesn't matter what printer you have. I am willing to pay more, because I just don't have the time. It takes 10 minutes per page. I am perplexed as to why I could print from my old Windows XP system, but it doesn't work in my brand new mac.

I don't know why this works, but if you open the document in Chrome, and print it from chrome it seems to take a lot less time. If you are looking at something on your computer, just right click and open with Chrome.
Dhsigmapi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store