Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
In Safari, whenever I click a link/bookmark/button there is always a split second lag where the program half freezes and then process with the request.

This doesn't happen in Firefox/Camino/Omniweb or any other browser I use. How can I fix this as Safari is my browser of choice and I would like to fix this lag?

I use Saft, Safari Speed and Safari Enhancer, so maybe there is a setting in there that set the lag off/can fix it.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think this is the problem I'm talking about. What I'm referring to is the program lagging, not the web pages opening or anything. (I say I don't think this is the fix because I still have the problem after trying that fix)

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
It could be that all those programs you are using to try to speed up Safari are actually slowing it down. I experience no lag when using Safari.

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
The only thing that I could think of in those programs that lags Safari would be the "Disable Page Load" setting in Safari Speed. I disabled that and tried again and it was still the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.