Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 4, 2007, 04:51 AM   #1
Ironduke
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: England
Should I buy now or wait

I really want to get into xcode programming, The only interface I have known in Visual Studio on Windows which appears quite different.

I have heard alot about xcode 3.0 coming with leopard.

but will it be that to 2.4?

my question is should I buy a book now based on xcode 2 or wait for a book release on xcode 3?

any suggestions would be great
Ironduke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 04:56 AM   #2
sushi
Moderator emeritus
 
sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: キャンプスワンピー [Japan]
That is the 64 dollar question.

Suggest that you buy what you need today.
sushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 05:54 AM   #3
robbieduncan
Moderator
 
robbieduncan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
If Apple's previous behaviour is any indicator of the future then nothing from XCode 3.0, the updated version of Interface Builder or Objective C 2.0 will be backported to any previous OS.

But this does not mean that stuff you learn now will not be useful in the future. If you buy a book now and learn the basics you should be able to pick up the new stuff using the online documentation without buying another book.
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Ironduke
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: England
thanx for the help guys, one last favour could you tell me a good xcode book or give the website of a place that reviews them
Ironduke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 07:28 AM   #5
caveman_uk
Guest
 
caveman_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hitchin, Herts, UK
The choice of books specifically for xcode isn't huge - especially when you consider the mountain of books for anything visual studio related. Fritz Anderson's book is very good though (well I thought it was).

http://www.amazon.com/Step-into-Xcod...e=UTF8&s=books
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I buy now or wait? eliteeli MacBook Air 7 Feb 20, 2014 02:22 PM
Buy or wait? JoEw MacBook Air 16 Dec 12, 2012 11:03 PM
buy now or wait? jetlagged MacBook Pro 4 Nov 13, 2012 12:57 PM
Buy now or wait for ML??? GREEN4U MacBook Air 23 Jul 17, 2012 02:21 PM
Buy now or wait? Liquinn iPad 15 Jun 28, 2012 12:33 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC