Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I use Photoshop CS2 a lot and decided to try out CS3 because it is a UB. (& me, using a MacBook) I downloaded & installed CS3, it runs fine. I then wanted to trash CS2, because I have limited HD space. I trashed the Photoshop App Folder and everything deleted except for one file that doesn't seem to exist, in the Legal folder. (of the photoshop app folder) The file is named: (drum roll)

"Ti?ng Viê?t.html"

The file will NOT delete from the trash, I can't open it either.. (it says no such file exists or something)

I tried my PaperShredder widget to no avail. Next I tried 2 Terminal actions, one using Root Permissions. It will NOT delete. I downloaded 2 apps that claim to be able to delete it, TinkerTool & SuperEmptyTrash. Both gave me an error when I tried deleting.

Anyone, PLEASE help..

(Also, do you guys know what other CS2 files I should trash... to 100% remove it from my system)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Try this:

Restart holding shift, (that gets you into safe mode), and then try deleting it.

See if that helps... :)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Sometimes creating a file with the same exact name as the problem file, and then moving that file into a folder with that file will get rid of it.

Sometimes the "do you wish to replace file?" works when trashing doesn't.

Mr Skills

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Hooray!

I've been trying to delete this file for ages! There are loads of hits on google - photoshop demos inflict this problem on loads of people, but there's never been a solution before.

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.