Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
hey guys,

I've had absolutely No problem accessing my windows files on my macbook (simply allow sharing on the specific folder i want shared in my windows machine, then apple+k, plug in ip address, connect to server, pick which folder i want to access...and I'm done).

But lately I have been trying to access my Macbook files from my windows machine, and i just Can't figure it out!!:confused: getting pretty frustrated!! :eek:

O btw, im on a wireless router.

Any help, on the subject, will be greatly appreciated...

dukeman

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2007
Easiest way is to setup the built in FTP Server on your macbook. Windows can browse to that pretty easy: ftp://ipaddress/folder put in your username / password if necessary and your all set. Other than that I would suggest pickup one of those cheap NAS bridges and use that to store most of the files you want access from both systems.

bobbyboulders

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
HAH, so get this. So after i tried, and failed following some of the advice given in the previous posts (which i do appreciate and thank you all for). I was sitting in class today, and started daydreaming (which happens quite often, mind you) and got to thinking... Following the logic of Apple+K method of connecting to server then dragging the file you need out of the connected shared folder (folder originating in the windows machine), why not drag the file from my Macbook Into the the very same shared folder!!, then, after the file is copied over, be able to access the file straight from my windows machine...it was so freakin simple, It never even occured to me!

Mind you, you have to have the *right click on folder, go to sharing and security/sharing* *tick 'Share this folder on the network' and 'Allow network users to change my files'*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.