Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 7, 2007, 07:51 PM   #1
thenewguy
macrumors regular

Best way to take notes on a PDF?

Hi all,
I'm in college, and I use PDFs for every class. I'd like to find an easy way to take good notes in the margins, highlight text, etc.

Preview has circling and text tools, but they are very limited. the text font size is huge, and the circles have thick borders and are completely opaque.

What do I need to be able to adjust font sizes, highlight text, adjust translucency, all that stuff?

thanks
thenewguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 11:27 PM   #2
GITANAJAVA
macrumors regular

I ran into a similar issue a few weeks ago on a business document from a client. As far as I can remember, the Help section (in the menu bar when you open an Adobe .pdf document) will explain that to "edit" or "comment" on a document 1 or 2 things to be in place: (1) the author/owner of the document must have already authorized such use, and (2) you must have the full Adobe Acrobat package, not just Adobe reader. Check the Help section mentioned above and you'll find a URL to the software you need to download. I don't remember is there was a fee involved or not.

Hopefully, another MR'er will come along later with either a workaround or better info. ;-)
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:10 AM   #3
dukeman
macrumors member

Give this a try. I haven't used it firsthand but looks like it might do what you need.

http://www.smileonmymac.com/PDFpen/features.html
dukeman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2010, 05:50 PM   #4
Nago
macrumors member

This is almost a necro-thread, but the new and improved Preview from OsX 10.6 supports highlighting, notes, arrows, and many more features.

Try it yourself! Works great for me, no more printing!
Nago is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help