Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Y Hallo Thar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
So I'm trying to add my Butthole Surfers and R.E.M. albums to my iPod with album art and all, but no dice! I commonly use the iTunes Album Art utlility to add album art to my songs, but it didn't work this time. It's showing up in iTunes, but not showing up on the iPod. I'm really meticulous about this process and I refuse to have songs on my computer without the artwork.

I know this is a familiar problem and I've tried the following:
-Cleaning up and synchronizing the ID3 tags
-Converting all the ID3 tags to ID3v2.4 in iTunes
-Deleting the exisiting artwork and using iTunes 7's built in artwork importer
-Converting from MP3 to AAC and then adding artwork
-Adding artwork while on the iPod.

This hasn't been an issue without any other mp3s. Anyone encounter this issue? I'm using the 30GB iPod video (purchased shortly after it's release).

!!!!!!

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
You can try resetting the album artwork in the ipod. You do that pluging the ipod into iTunes. Go to teh ipod and deselect "show album artwork on the ipod". eject the ipod from itunes. Reconnect the ipod, and recheck that show album artwork button and then hit apply. Itunes should rebuild the ipod artwork database. takes about 5 minutes to rebuild. Hopefully that helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.